Happy Holidays to all creatures large and small, and thank you to all of you who have supported BCHA through your membership and time. This is the time of year to renew your membership, give a gift of membership to someone special, or become a new member of the Boulder County Horse Association (BCHA). Join or renew today!
We’ve been busy in 2012 on behalf of the entire horse community. Our activities have included:
- Sponsoring the Annual Meeting in March at the Rocky Mountain Horse Expo.
- Producing the BCHA Horse Services Directory.
- Working with the Boulder County Land Use Department to support new Land Use Code regulations that are as fair to the equestrian community as possible.
- Sponsoring weekly trail rides .
- Putting on the Annual Fun Show in October, complete with costumes, timed events, and horse show classes in both English and Western.
- Maintaining liaisons with other horse-related and agriculture organizations such as: Colorado Horse Council, BackCountry Horsemen, BATCO, Boulder Outdoor Coalition, and FAIR/hay farmers.
- Advocating for horses on trails, in pastures, and in your backyard.
- Working with public land management agencies such as the: U.S. Forest Service, Boulder County Parks & Open Space, City of Boulder Open Space & Mountain Parks and Colorado State Parks.
- Establishing a presence on Facebook — now you can really “like” us!
- Maintaining the BCHA website. If you want your business to reach the horse community, please consider advertising on our website.
- Keeping you informed of equestrian issues and opportunities via email newsletters.
- And yes, we even have a blog! Use it to post anything that has to do with horses!
Stay tuned for an exciting new event coming your way in Spring 2013.
BCHA is planning an equine-related trade show combined with our Annual Meeting. The trade show will feature booths and exhibits; and exciting seminars of interest to horse people. Interested in volunteering? Interested in a booth? Stay tuned for more exciting news about this event in 2013!
We need your support. Being a BCHA member is fun and educational. Join us on a trail ride, help plan a seminar, or organize a new event. Whatever floats your boat, there’s something in BCHA for you. Please join or renew NOW. It’s easy! Visit boulderhorse.org today!
Happy New Year, and thank you for letting us serve you in 2012!